My day didn't get off to a very good start!
I worried and obsessed about some pressing financial problems and I further made it worse by looking more into it - thus getting more bad news. But now - a few hours later - as I look back on it the news isn't 100% bad - in fact there was some good news in there that will help me more!
First of all I know that worrying only feeds the problem more and makes it more of a monster - but I just couldn't help myself and the more I tried not to think about it the more I thought about it! Various negative scenarios entered my imagination and I just felt so bad!
I have my resources of advice to fall back on and they include things like
- focusing on what it is that I DO want instead of focusing on what I don't want
- finding out something good about the situation no matter how small that good may be!
Also too when I am having days like this I remember what "The Secret" says and that is to list the things that you are grateful for! Here is my list for today:
- I am grateful for my home! I love my home and I love where I live and I realize that I am fortunate to have a roof over my head - especially now during the winter months here in the Philadelphia area. The current temperature is 23 degrees but it feels like 15 degrees!
- I'm also grateful that I have heat! Old-styled radiators are bringing me heat and when I go by them I touch them and remind myself how grateful I am to be able to have heat! There is such a great feeling when coming home out of the cold into a nice warm house! (on another note: I was able to get a financial grant to help pay some of my past due heating bill expenses - and it is so very much needed and I am so grateful that I have gotten it! I received the notification a few days ago and the grant is sending the money directly to my heating bill company!)
- I'm grateful for the skills that I do have and I was recently reminded of this while online when I was reading an article about how we all have gifts and talents. What make this more interesting is that I was watching a snippet of a religious program and they were saying the exact same thing in that we all have talents!
- I'm grateful to be able to be online! I love working with my computer both online and off but I have come to realize that not everyone has a computer - much less online access - of their own!
- I'm grateful for the food that I do have in my refridgerator and whild I am craving some hot chocolate right now I know that I will have some soon because I vow to buy some with some of the money from my Adsense this month!
I have commented before about how the law of attraction has worked for me in the past. Quite frankly I think that it works all the time but it's me that is just trying too hard!
Besides having a copy of "The Secret" on disk, I was also able to check out the book "The Secret" from my library! It included some more information and advice that wasn't on the CD and it was very welcomed advice!
I think today was a day where my emotions - I should say my negative emotions - really got a hold of me. But jotting down my gratitude list has really helped me a lot!
I just thought that I should mention that the "financial" problem that I posted about above, that I obsessed and worried about came to a pleasant end! I did manage to find a pleasurable solution to the problem!