Sunday, September 28, 2008
Basically speaking they said that they really didn't agree with the concept of the secret (which is the law of attraction) and books and publications like it! The writer said that the authors of such works were more or less "hucksters" trying to "peddle their wares".
The article went on to mention Oprah and how she had the guests on her talk show and how they talking about their works / books - which the writer thought was the only reason why they were there.
Personally I believe in the teachings of The Secret! I have seen things manifest in my life that have made me think that they have come to pass only because I was thinking of them so strongly - whether they be good or bad things!
I haven't manifest the life of my dreams yet but I continue to work on it!
It would be interesting to know if any of you believe in the teachings of "The Secret"?
Friday, September 12, 2008
I am grateful for:
- having a roof over my head! It's currently raining outside (I live in Philadelphia) and the weather is a little bit chilly.
- I am grateful for the food that I have now in my refridgerator. As a matter of fact I am grateful for the fridge itself because I was able to get that with a grant program
- I am always grateful for my cat (who just had lunch by the way!) It's good to have a pet - although sometimes I think I'm the pet and my cat is the owner!
- I am grateful for the positive balance in my bank account! Even though its under a dollar it still is a positive balance which means that I'm not being charged any fees!
- I am grateful for my talents and abilities and the skills that I have. I may not be rich (right now) but I have been paid for my work in the past!
Any time that you are feeling down or depressed take the time to write a gratitude list and write down the things that you are grateful for.
Monday, September 8, 2008
- Now is the perfect time to think about all the things that I have to be grateful for. Even though my mind is reeling with thoughts of lack I should re-direct those thoughts to thoughts of abundance! - and to thoughts of the way that I want my life to by - that is why I created my mission statement!
- No matter how bad off you think you are there will always be someone who is far more worse off than you.
- I am remembering what Dr. Wayne Dyer has said and that is to say to yourself that you want to feel good! This fills your mind with thoughts and images of things and experiences that make you feel good!
- Taking one day at a time and making the most of it!
I'm looking at this as if it were a test (and boy this is some test!)
I guess you could call it a test of faith where I have to have faith in God and the Universe and trust that they will bring me what it is that I want - which is financial wealth!
Just like my mission statement says!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
He was on the Dr. Phil show recently and I watched the entire show!
One of the things that he talked about was how people should have a mission in life as opposed to just getting out of bed and making it through the day!
Of course I thought that this was very good advice and I have decided to follow it!
There are things that I want in my life (in order to live the life of my dreams) and I do want them so badly!
One of my most important missions in life is to be financially wealthy! Not only because it will make my life easier and more free of worry and stress but also because being financially secure enables me to continue the work that I want to do! In that way I can be of help to others.
As T. D. Jakes has said, everyone has talents - and that even includes me!
I have been thinking about the talents that I have and a lot of them come to mind.
I can do both tarot and astrology readings and that is something that I have come to not be ashamed of! In fact, the fact that I know that this is a talent of mine makes me want to pursue it even more! And I often use myself as a client when I give readings on myself!
In fact I decided to give myself an impromptu tarot reading and I pulled the card of "The Chariot" in reverse. This means that I am restless - which in fact I am! Yearning for change - yes that's right too!
Another one of my talents is html and designing websites (and now blogs too!) and I have earned money doing this as well!
If you would like to learn more about Bishop T. D. Jakes just click here.