Saturday, July 11, 2009

It's Time For Another Gratitude List!



I have been feeling very angry, tensed, stressed and frustrated lately! It is entirely due to some financial problems that I am having! But still I realize that I have a lot to be grateful for! I have to get rid of those negative thoughts in my head! I have to keep my mind on my mission statement and the lesson that I learned from this is that money is important and I must keep steps in place to have an emergency account set aside in case of a financial problem!

I can feel myself get boiling mad thinking about my financial problems and I know that the more I think about it and worry about it the more I feed that image and the more I feed the feelings of anger and having lack!

So it is time for another gratitude list. No matter what I am going through I know that there are people who are more worse off than me!

Here is my gratitude list for today:

  • I am glad to have a roof over my head. Indeed I have a home and as of this moment it still belongs to me! That is a LOT more than some other people have I know! I just read a post from a woman who said she was currently living with her child in a woman's shelter and that made me realize how grateful I am to be living in a home of my own!

  • I am grateful that my electricity and gas are on! As I am typing this (in fact I wouldn't even be able to be online if my electricity was out!) the air conditioning is on! I know of someone who's air conditioning unit has broken and the are without it during these summer months! So I am very grateful for being able to have my air conditioning on.

  • I'm very grateful that I am able to earn an income from the Adsense program! It isn't a whole lot of money BUT it has helped me to be able to buy food and pay some of my bills!

  • I am grateful for the food that I do have! I can remember a time quite recently when I didn't have any food! Not even bread or crackers or anything to drink besides water! But now I have eggs and bacon and some of those Ramen noodles! I even have some chicken in the freezer, ice in the freezer - yes there was a time when my refrigerator wasn't even working and I was able to get a new refrigerator with a government grant! Every time I open my freezer I smile because of how grateful I am to be able to have ice and a working freezer again!

  • I am grateful for the advice that I have received about the law of attraction. I keep searching for new articles about it as well as looking for more articles about how to manifest more money in one's life. Although the advice seems to be the same it seems that I continue to have problems doing what the advice says so that is probably why I keep being drawn to them! I actually took a law of attraction quiz and it said that while I am not totally hopeless I do have to work more on keeping positive thoughts in my head - which is true and which is another reason why I am making this gratitude list today!


If you are at a point where you are feeling sad, angry, depressed or blue, please take the time to make a list of at least 5 things that you are grateful for.

2 comments:

eaudeity said...

This is absolutely awesome. I do the same thing whenever I am down. Are you a member of Gratitudelog.com? I find the website awesome. It surely is the most happiest place on this earth!! :)

Angel said...

Besides my online gratitude blog posts I also have a gratitude journal that I write in.

I did visit the site that you mentioned and I think that it is a great site and I have joined!