Thursday, March 20, 2008

What Would I Do If (When) I Won The Lottery?

I do buy lottery tickets every now and then. Recently a group of women won a $200 Million Dollar + lottery and I am very happy for them. I know that that money will come in handy for them.

They all said that they would continue to work - at least for now.

What would I do if I won the lottery? Well the first thing that I would do is pay off my bills and I would pay the mortgage off on my house. I would also buy a good used car - I'm not too much a fan of new cars!

More importantly I would set some of the money aside and keep it in the bank to use in case of emergencies.

Also too, if the amount of lottery money that I won was substantial I think that I would start a foundation to help people who are having financial difficulties.

I would also donate a percentage to my favorite charity causes.

And while I know that wise financial planning has to play a good part in keeping my finances together I am also going to have some "mad" money! Just to go and buy something that will make me feel good!

No comments: